We have many exciting events for you!
Dear friends and neighbors, we’re delighted to host a bunch of wonderful events over the next few days on the 78th Street Plaza. Summer is here!
- First of all today at 7PM we’ll be partnering with Mimi-for-meYoga, Queens Community House, and Emblem Health to bring you a free Zumba Class. Bring some energy and get dancing!
- On Saturday at 9AM join Mimi and her crew for our weekly free Yoga class.
- Afterwards on Saturday night around 8PM (dusk) we’ve partnered with our friends at the Queens World Film Festival to bring back ourFlicnic on the Street program with free movies in the evenings. This will take place again on July 25th and August 8th.
- On Sunday morning, local artist Deborah Wasserman will be leading a picnic table painting sessionfrom 10AM – 12PM. With the help of any kids who want to join in (bring smocks!) she will be freshening up the picnic tables on the plaza, making them beautiful again!
- Finally our partners and friends at the JBHG will bring back more music on Sunday, starting at 4PM. This week we have Una Via: a Latin Fusion band that fuses traditional Colombian music, including vallenato and cumbia.
See below for more details on all of the above events!
Sign up for free Yoga and Zumba and Exercise Classes and More!
Sign up with Emblem Health quickly and for free at emblemhealthlivehealthy.com or sign up on the day at any of the events.
Queens World Film Festival
The Queens World Film Festival proudly collaborates with the Jackson Heights Green Alliance to return to the 78th Street Play Street in Jackson Heights for engaging indie films under the stars.
Join us for innovative, provocative and international animated, documentary and narrative films. Bring a chair or just pull up a piece of curb and enjoy films from around the world and around the corner.
Please note that Indie films take on challenging themes and our films are at least a PG-13 and may not be suitable for children under 13.
Dates and themes:June 27: Best of the QWFF: International Animations
July 25: Best of the QWFF: International Documentaries
August 8: Best of the 2015 FEST!
Paint the Picnic Tables on Sunday!
On Sunday from 10AM to 12PM, local artist and teacher Deborah Wasserman will be leading a group of local children in a session to paint the picnic tables and freshen them up for the Summer. Anyone may participate in this free art class, but please bring a smock for your children as they will be working with oil paints!
Summer Sundays 2015!
The concert series will take place on the 78th Street Play Street between 34th Avenue and Northern Boulevard alongside Travers Park. All concerts begin at 4:00 p.m. every Sunday from June 21st to August 30th.